The Tempest2400 CM-244 is a 4-channel BaseStation operating in the 2.4GHz frequency range that assures uninterrupted and interference-free communication with no coordination required. It is a 4-channel Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) digital wireless intercom BaseStation. The front panel LCD display provides real time status including battery monitoring of active beltbacks and easy access to the hardwire intercom settings and levels. Each BaseStation is capable of Call and Remote Mic Kill.
The CM-244 BaseStation connections include a 2-wire interface with M/F 3-pin XLR loop thru and one 4-wire RJ45 port per channel. The 2-wire interface is compatible with Clear-Com,r RTS,r and Telexr intercom systems, and includes an auto-null circuit.
Utilizing the Tempest system's TDMA technology and proprietary ZSync synchronization, up to 11 CM-244 BaseStations and 55 full-duplex wireless BeltStations (in Normal Mode), either 2-channel or 4-channel BeltStations, can be used simultaneously. By switching to Shared or Split Mode, an unlimited number of BeltStations can be registered to each BaseStation using shared resources.
The CM-244 BaseStation is supplied with two whip antennas (RP-TNC RF connector). On the rear is a RJ45 connector for a (optional) remote transceiver. The remote transceiver can be located up to 1500ft (450m) away from the BaseStation over CAT-5/6 cable with no loss of RF signal.
Tempest2400 Seamless Roaming
The CM-244 BaseStations cover large areas with multiple zones by using Seamless Roaming. Seamless Roaming allows one or more Tempest2400 BeltStations to roam between as many as 16 different BaseStations (coverage areas or zones) without any intervention from the end user. BeltStations act as they normally do while roaming and there is no interruption of audio or control when a BaseStation switches from one BaseStation to another.
ZSync technology provides a zero sync reference that coordinates the hopping patterns of all connected BaseStations. ZSync ensures that there is a fixed relationship between all of the BaseStation radios, irrespective of random time variation in power up sequences.
- 4-channel digital wireless BaseStation
- 2.4GHz, license free operation
- 2xTX redundant data transmission
- Lost Packet Concealment prevents "clicks" and "pops" when a data packet is lost
- Connect an unlimited number of BeltStations per BaseStation
- T-Desk software enables remote monitoring via LAN interface
- Optional Remote Transceiver extends antenna coverage up to 1500ft (450m) from BaseStation
Clear-Com CP-242 Tempest2400 4-Channel Beltstation
The Tempest2400 BeltStations, CP-242 (for use with the CM-244 4-channel BaseStation) provide users with full-duplex communications. They are designed to be both comfortable and rugged in order to withstand the most challenging production environments. The BeltStations are made of a durable, weather-resistant ABS co-polymer blend with a high performance polyurethane overmold.
Tempest BeltStations are provided with a rechargeable Li-Polymer battery capable of 9+ hours of operation or can be powered by (3) Standard AA Alkaline batteries. Each BeltStation has its own back-lit display and menu functions which allow settings to be changed at the BeltStation locally as well as the BaseStation and T-Desk application in Normal Mode.
CP-242 BeltStation (4-channel audio) is capable of true dual talk/listen functionality, allowing each user to simultaneously monitor and/or talk on two of the four channels (A or B and C or D).
Tempest2400 4-Channel BeltStation Specifications
- Intercom Audio Channels: 4
- Simultaneous Listen Paths: True Dual Listen
- Headset Connector: 4-pin male
- Microphone Type: Dynamic or Electret, auto-selected
- LCD Display :102 x 80 pixels
- Antenna: Internal +2 dBi patch
- Charger: Input 100-240V, 0.3A, 50-60Hz Output 5V, 1.25A
- Battery Charging: Via supplied charger
- Battery Life, Rechargeable Lithium-Polymer: Up to 9+ hours
- Charge time for Lithium-Polymer battery: 2_ hours in the beltstation or 2? hours in the 5 bay charger (from empty)
- Optional Power: 3 Standard AA alkaline cells
- Battery Life, alkaline batteries: Approximately 4 Hours