The DL451 3×8 Modular I/O Unit by Midas is a user-configurable module with a 3×8 XLR format allowing up to 24 audio inputs or outputs. The unit can be used with the Midas XL8 and PRO series of digital mixing systems, or as a standalone AES50 audio interface in a Midas snake and audio distribution systems with remote control via Ethernet. The DL451 Modular I/O has three module slots which can be configured as a combination of analog mic/line in, analog out, and digital in/out (AES/EBU). The unit features MIDI in, out, and thru sockets as well as two GPIO connections. Dual redundant AES50 connections are also included and can be used with a CAT-5 cable for remote access from a PC when using the unit as a standalone, as part of a snake, without a console.
The DL451 is compatible with the DL441, DL442, DL443, DL452, and DL444 I/O cards.
- User-configurable allowing up to 24 inputs or outputs
- Can act as a standalone or with XL8 and PRO series mixing systems
- Digital snake and distribution network component with redundant connections
- Ethernet control port
- 4 fan intakes for fan cooling
- Front panel lights for monitoring the supply voltage, Ethernet connections, and AES50 audio channels
- Cut-outs for rack mounting fixings
- 24 write-on strips for marking module channel assignments
- LCD screen with 4 push buttons for programming and adjusting settings
- Automatic network scan ensuring unique operating device ID
- Clock source can be set to an interior or exterior clock
- Compatible with the DL441, DL442, DL443, DL452, and DL444 I/O cards by Midas
Modular Expansion Cards
Five DL4 Series card options are available for DL451:
- DL441 - 8 Analogue Mic/Line Input Card with Midas Microphone Preamplifiers
- DL442 - 8 Analogue Line Output Card
- DL443 - Analogue 8 Input, 8 Output Card with ¼ " TRS Connectors
- DL444 - Analogue 8 Input, 8 Output Card with Midas Microphone Preamplifiers and D-Type Connectors
- DL452 - AES3 Digital 8 Input, 8 Output Card with Sample Rate Conversion
DL451 can accept up to 3 of these cards in any combination. The DLIO-BP blanking plate is also available as an accessory should not all card positions be populated.